Sunday, May 3, 2009

A keeper Asparagus salad recipe !


I saw this while browsing and since its Asparagus season and Im into trying all things asparagus I thought this might be a nice variation...and it did turn out to be ..

5-6 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chopped in squares( I used new white potatoes since I didnt have any red)
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
Olive oil to coat
1/2 bunch asparagus trimmed to 1.5-2 inches
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste

In a baking pan, toss potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, thyme , salt and pepper and cover with foil and bake at 425 F for about 20 minutes...When potatoes are almost done , add asparagus , some more olive oil , toss and cover again and bake for another 8-10 minutes. After potatoes and asparagus are done, bake uncovered for about 5 mins to brown a bit..

This turned out to be very yummy and liked by hubby and me both so its a keeper !!

No comments:

Post a Comment