Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pasta e ceci


So I have soaked-then-boiled chickpeas at hand, and thinking about a quick meal for lunch box tomorrow and I thought 'Ive never tried any pasta with chickpeas..I wonder if there is one..' and lo-and-behold..there is ..and one with such a pretty name too..'Pasta e ceci' i.e Pasta with chickpea beans...and strictly speaking its more a soup..but I thought I could make it a pasta dish instead...
I quickly skimmed thru the recipes nd came up with a combination of my own .. or the convenient ,quick,easy and nutritious one I would say..

Cooks for 2 :

1 tbsp evoo
1 small onion, chopped fine
2-3 garlic cloves, last skin unremoved
1 stick celery, chopped fine
2-3 whole sprigs rosemary , and another couple of sprigs finely cut
1 medium tomato, chopped fine or 10 grape tomatoes , halved

1 cup vegetable stock
1.5 cups chickpeas , soaked-and-boiled , or canned
1/2 pkt medium pasta, cooked as directed..I had farfalle at hand..
1 red pepper, cut in slits (any other veg of choice i.e brocolli etc)

Heat olive oil , add onion,rosemary,garlic,celery and tomatoes and saute at low-medium heat for about 10 mins.
Add a cup of chickpeas and the stock and let it simmer for another 10 mins. Remove the garlic and rosemary sprig.Let it cool and then puree the mix.

Heat another tbsp of evoo and add the pepper and remaining finely cut rosemary for about 5 mins. Add remaining chickpeas, the puree and pasta and let it blend. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment