Saturday, May 2, 2009

A summertime soup


I cooked up a nice , light soup today, which was taught in the Heidi Billotto cooking class 'All Vegeterian' that I had taken last month. It was my first cooking class and it was a nice learning experience and I so want to take the Peter Reinhart's bread making course at Johnson & Wales..its a bit expensive though and very infrequent so I will need to keep an eye out on that one..

So , anyway the soup :
4 cups of good stock (I used mushroom demi-glace) with a pinch of saffron
1/2 tsp red pepper
2 tsp crushed fennel
A handful of grape tomatoes , halved (I just had them fresh from market today morning!)
A bunch of russian kale (from the original recipe) or spinach
A cup of canellini beans (can substitute with orzo or rice)
A cup of edamame beans
salt to taste

Bring the stock to boil and add the tomatoes, fennel seeds and red pepper. Cook for another 15 mins and add spinach to wilt. Add canellini bean and edamame and salt to taste. Simmer for another 10 mins and the soup is ready !

Serve with some bread crostini , bread slices topped with goat cheese and toasted !
Yummy and nutritious to core !!

No comments:

Post a Comment