Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday breakfast !


I got some whole wheat pastry flour from Fresh Market yesterday and thought I would try out pancakes. The couple of recipes I checked made it out to be very simple and indeed it is, and turned out not bad for a first try..

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 pinches baking soda
2 tbsp sugar
a pinch of salt
2 tsp custard powder
1 cup milk or till batter consistency (substitute with soy milk for vegan)
2 tbsp butter

Makes about 6 medium sized pancakes.

Mix all the dry ingredients thouroughly and add butter pieces and mix . Add milk and mix till a batter consistency.
Heat a griddle and drop a spoonful of batter and spread . Some bubbles should appear. Flip when browned.
Heat for another minute and serve with some maple syrup or fruit syrup, I had blueberry syrup on hand .
The pancake was nicely fluffy and some cake-y taste I think from the custard powder (which I got from an allrecipes tip).
I think there was a bit of after-taste from soda so Im going to be careful with that next time.

All in all , a delicious breakfast with nice fresh strawberry milk shake on the side !

No comments:

Post a Comment